Who doesn’t love pancakes? The perfect breakfast, lunch, brunch or treat for any time of day! These fluffy american style pancakes are packed full of chocolate chip cookie dough chunks. They are guaranteed to be a crowd pleaser. We love stacking them high and serving them up with lashings of maple syrup and maybe even some bacon, but top them however you wish.
130 g plain flour
30 g sugar
2 g baking powder
3 g bicarbonate of soda
pinch of salt
130 g milk
45 g melted butter
Juice from 1/2 lemon
1 My Cookie Dough milk chocolate chip dough puck
- In a bowl place the flour, sugar, baking powder, bicarbonate of soda and a pinch of salt. Whisk together until combined.
- Make a well in the centre of the dry ingredients and add in the egg, milk, vanilla, lemon juice, and the melted butter.
- Start whisking from the centre to break up the egg and slowly incorporate the dry ingredients into the wet. It’s ok if the mixture is slightly lumpy, just don’t overmix. The batter should be fairly thick.
- Leave the batter to rest for 10-20 minutes while you make your cookie dough pieces. Take the milk chocolate cookie dough puck and divide into many small pieces. These can vary in sizes so don’t worry about them too much, make them as big or as small as you want! Place them on a small plate and freeze for 10 minutes before cooking.
- On a medium heat, warm up your frying pan and spray with some oil. Spoon as much of the batter as you’d like (as big of a pancake you want) onto the frying pan and use the spoon to spread the mixture more evenly. Dot some of your frozen cookie dough pieces onto the pancake and spoon some extra batter over the top.
- After about 2-3 minutes, the pancakes should be bubbly on top, and when the edges are starting to look cooked, quickly and firmly slide a spatula underneath the pancake, and flip. Cook for another 1-2 minutes on the other side.
- Keep cooking your pancakes until you use up all the batter. Create a big stack of them once they’re all done, top with some butter and maple syrup to taste, along with more cookie dough. Serve warm and enjoy!